Days ago, 21 precious lives were ended at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas during yet another mass shooting.
- Schools should be safe places of learning, enrichment, and nourishment.
- Churches should be safe places of worship.
- Grocery stores should be safe places where everyone has access to the food they need.
As people, as parents, our team grieves with the families and communities that have experienced profound, heartbreaking, preventable loss.
As advocates, we call on all government leaders, especially our members of Congress and President Biden, to take decisive action. Pass bold policies that will prevent gun violence.
Each of us must hold our elected leaders accountable for enacting equitable, inclusive, effective changes that protect the safety and well being of our communities.
This loss of life is unacceptable. We need our government to act like it.
Please consider contributing to organizations supporting the Uvalde community and organizations advocating policies to end gun violence.
- San Antonio Area Foundation: https://saafdn.org/uvalde/
- Everytown for Gun Safety: https://www.everytown.org/
- March for Our Lives: https://marchforourlives.com/
- The Violence Policy Center: https://vpc.org/
In grief and action,
The Nourish California Team