Spread Vital Public Charge Information with Multilingual Immigrant Health Packet
Not all immigrants are subject to public charge and most public nutrition programs are safe and open to all, regardless of immigration status.
Still, we know California immigrants avoid accessing CalFresh and similar supports for fear of negative immigration consequences. That's why the California Protecting Immigrant Families coalition (CA-PIF) created the Immigrant Health Community Packet: to help service providers, community organizers, and advocates inform immigrant communities about the types of programs/services available and how they relate to public charge.
The packet contains community-facing fliers, training slides, sample social media posts, and graphic versions of each flyer for easy sharing to Facebook and Instagram.
Immigrant Health Community Flyers
Help Spread the Word
Nourish California helped create the Free & Affordable Food for California Immigrants flier with our network in mind. Here are some ways you can help spread the word:
- Post or handout flyer at food distributions
- Pair with CalFresh outreach materials and application assistance
- Encourage school administrators, teachers, and other stakeholders to share with parents
- Send to your elected officials’ district offices
- Engage community groups and resident leaders to deliver the message
- Post on social media
See the Outreach Toolkit for sample social media posts and more on the packet.