SB 245 (Hurtado) “Food4All” Needs Your Help to Pass Senate Appropriations
SB 245 (Hurtado) "Food4All" has passed the Senate Human Services Committee. The bill is currently in the suspense file in the Senate Appropriations Committee. Join us in asking the Senate Appropriations Committee to advance the bill on to the Senate Floor to get closer to expanding access CalFresh for California immigrants, regardless of age or immigration status.
Here are two easy ways to support SB 245:
1) Call and/or Email These Senators
Please also contact your Senator if they are listed below as members of the committee (find your rep here):
- Brian W. Jones, Vice Chair (R-40) (916) 651-4040
- Angelique Ashby (D-08) (916) 651-4008
- Steven Bradford (D-35) (916) 651-4035
- Kelly Seyarto (R-32) (916) 651-4032
- Aisha Wahab (D-10) (916) 651-4010
- Scott Wiener (D-11) (916) 651-4011
Hi, my name is _____ and I live in ______. I’m calling to urge Senator ______ to support SB 245, a bill that will expand CalFresh to California immigrants of all ages, regardless of immigration status. Please support SB 245 in Senate Appropriations. Thank you.
2) Show your support on social media!
- The #Food4All coalition is mobilizing to seek support from Sen. Appropriations Cmte. @Portantino @SenToniAtkins please expand CalFresh for ALL ages, regardless of imm.status. Our communities need food benefits NOW! #NoExceptionsNoExclusions
- .@Portantino @SenToniAtkins Nearly half of undocumented Californians are affected by food insecurity. We need YOUR leadership to support #SB245 #Food4All. #NoExceptionsNoExclusions #NoDelays
- 2 in 3 children who are undocumented in CA are facing food insecurity. We call on @Portantino @SenToniAtkins to support #SB245 #Food4All for ALL ages. #NoExceptionsNoExclusions #NoDelays